Five Reasons To See a Podiatrist
If you’ve never been to a podiatrist before, you might be wondering whether you should bother adding another specialist to your roster of health care professionals. In short, yes! Here are five reasons why a board-certified podiatrist like Dr. Boris Abramov and Dr. Tatyana Abramova is the best choice when it comes to caring for your feet, ankles, and lower legs:
1. Your podiatrist has received specialized education that includes a residency specifically focusing on this area of your body. This makes him or her uniquely qualified to conduct examinations, arrive at specific diagnoses, and work with you to create an effective and individualized plan for treatment and ongoing care.
2. Many podiatrists, including Boris Abramov, DPM and Tatyana Abramova, DPM, are specially trained in foot and ankle surgery. If you require an operation to correct a bunion, hammertoe, or other deformity, they are ready to help you.
3. Some illnesses, such as diabetes and peripheral arterial disease, pose unique risks to foot health. Any time you receive a new medical diagnosis, be sure to report it to your podiatrist and ask about special care.
4. Have you noticed a change to the appearance of the skin on your feet? This can indicate athlete’s foot or another fungal infection. Your podiatrist can determine the source of your problem and help you resolve it quickly.
5. The notion that podiatrists only see senior citizens is a mistaken one. A podiatrist provides care to patients of every age – infants, children, adolescents, adults, and the elderly. Everyone can benefit from specialized foot care.
If you are experiencing foot pain, or if you have another concern about the health and wellness of your feet, ankles, or lower legs, it’s time for a visit to a board-certified podiatrist. Schedule a convenient appointment in our modern, comfortable Pikesville office today. Call the friendly Abramov’s Comprehensive Foot Care staff at 443-872-7052 or click here to get started.